about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.25.2005,5/25/2005 08:15:00 AM
Big City Livin'
Oh, yes. Living in Big D.

I have to say that my year of living in North Texas has been a really nice one. The weather is rather temperate (except for last Saturday--see "Weddings, Heatstroke, and Kung Fu Hustle"), and we live in a nice community with lots of stuff to do.

Driving in this town, however, is a different matter.

I work in downtown Dallas for a non-profit group. I live in Frisco, which is 30 miles away. In the mornings I leave around 6:30-6:40 am in order to miss the crazy traffic and usually roll into work between 7:15-7:30 am. (If anyone's wondering why I'm not in the forums late at night, it's because I have to get up so freakin' early!)

The ride home, on a good day, takes about an hour. Except yesterday. I left the office around 4:30, fully intent on getting to Super Wal-Mart to get our groceries and relax a bit at home. The traffic was absolutely horrible all the way up the tollway to where I exit at Belt Line, and all the way up Preston. It came to a dead stop at Preston and Hedgecoxe, about half a mile from where I needed to be to get to the store. So, I thought I'd be smart and take an alternate road that runs parallel to Preston. It seems everyone else had the same idea as well. All in all, it took me an hour and a half to get up to Frisco, and then another hour to finish the shopping.

So much for my relaxing evening!

To Work!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->