about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.20.2005,5/20/2005 08:03:00 AM
How I met Dear Husband
For all of you out there who don't already know, following is an abbreviated account of how DH and I met. It's on the Match.com Success website as well.

On my 26th birthday (in January 2003), my two best girlfriends and I went to New Orleans for a crazy weekend, and while we were there, we visited a psychic at Jackson Square. Among other things, she told me that in late June/early July 2003 I would meet a tall, dark-haired, light-eyed man who would become my husband.

A previous engagement and a string of failed romances heavily influenced my desire to be alone for a period of time, and after about two years, I finally decided that I was ready to find someone to enhance my life. Being a young professional in the corporate world and seeing how difficult it was to meet people my age, I placed a profile on Match.com. On June 30, 2003, I got an email from B, but since he didn't have a picture, I didn't respond. Another email from him revealed he shared the same love of Harry Potter books that I did, and had read the fifth one, which had just come out, in TWELVE hours. For those who don't read HP novels, that is a 970-page book.

From then on I was hooked, and further emails revealed a mutual love of cooking, traveling, and everything. B was truly a male version of me. We met on July 18, 2003 at a Vietnamese restaurant near our homes (we lived 10 minutes from each other) and, when I walked in, my heart stopped. The most gorgeous man was standing to greet me -towering over me by a foot! When I sat down, B said, "I have something for you," and handed me a huge bouquet of flowers and a box of Godiva chocolates. As I sat there, speechless, a woman walked by and said, "Marry him," as she walked out the door!

We lost our jobs within a month of each other, and he asked me if I'd move with him if he got a job in another city. I said, "Only if I have a ring on my finger." He was already thinking about that and an antique ring soon followed with a proposal. We were married April 10, 2004 in New Orleans, with our families witnessing.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->