about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.16.2005,5/16/2005 10:57:00 AM
Marriage makes you fat
The Newlywed Nineteen (or more....)

Ugh. I have to say that in the 15 months Dear Husband and I have been married, we've both put on at least 20 lbs, possibly more. I was doing so well until we met (so was he, actually) and had lost about 25 lbs, but for some reason, when we got together, all premise of healthy eating went out the window. I was flexing my cook's muscles, preparing all these delicious meals, he would make me homemade buiscuits, and BAM! Fast forward nearly 2 years, and we've really packed it on.

And this is in addition to the 30-40 lbs I've gained since I turned 22. Curse you, body, and your slow metabolism!

So I'm trying to do something about it. I've been following this program called LA Weight Loss, and am trying to exercise regularly, to reach my goal of losing 60 lbs. So far I've lost 8 lbs, so yay me. Hopefully talking about this will keep me honest and on program.

Because between my 2-hour commute daily (total, people), working overtime, and trying to fit in a workout after my day is finished, I'm lucky if I get home before 7:30 pm. Then we don't want to cook because ordering out seems so much easier.

Like I said before, ugh. I need all the help I can get!

Back to work!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->