about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.03.2005,6/03/2005 07:55:00 AM
I'm getting old....
This weekend is my 10-year high school reunion. I think I went back and forth in my head about going for several months before I decided "why not?" I have some girlfriends I still keep in touch with who are going, and thought it might be fun.

I can't believe it's been 10 years already. Where did the time go?

I remember watching Nine Inch Nails videos on MTV, and a few years later I saw a NIN video on VH1. VH1, for god's sake! And, truthfully, I like VH1 more than MTV now, anyway.

My freshman year in college, I didn't even think of going to bed before midnight. 10:30 pm was early for me. Now, old codger that I am, I'm usually in bed by 9:30 and asleep before 11.

And what teens wear these days? I mean, come on!! What's up with those little ruffled skirts the girls wear that barely cover their butts? My parents wouldn't even have let me out of the house in that when I was growing up, and now it's commonplace! I can't say that I dressed all that well in high school--it was the age of grunge, you know--but at least my butt was covered.

Oh well. I know everyone goes through this. I just never thought it would happen this quickly.

To work!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->