about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.06.2005,6/06/2005 11:22:00 AM
Reunions and Toothaches
So, DH and I went to my 10-year reunion this past weekend. It was held at the Hyatt in Downtown Houston and, while it was nice to see the people I hung out with in high school, otherwise it was kind of lame. Not very many people showed up, and those who did gravitated toward the same cliques that were formed in high school. Drinks were horrendously expensive, too--$5 for a beer? WTF?

The best part was the morning after--a group of about 15 of us met for breakfast. Some of the girls brought their babies, and they got passed around to everyone, and we got to catch up more easily than in a dark, loud meeting space.

The only damper on this weekend is the fact that I have the worst toothache ever--you see, I haven't had my wisdom teeth taken out yet, and one of them on the bottom is growing in at an extreme angle to my jaw. The gums around this tooth are extremely swollen, which makes it difficult to swallow, talk, or even open my mouth very wide. Orajel doesn't help, and ibuprofen helps marginally--for about 3 hours, and then I'm in pain for the next hour until I can take another dose. Oatmeal and Slim-fast are my new best friends, food-wise. Maybe I will even lose some weight! (ha ha)

I have an appointment with my dentist tomorrow to see about getting them taken out....ugh.

Well, back to work!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->