about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.30.2005,6/30/2005 10:06:00 AM
You Give Me Fever...
This morning I was driving behind a new G35 coupe (the reason I know it was a new one is because they changed the back end and made it less rounded), and the man in there had the cutest little Shih Tzu with him. The little darling had his little paws on the windowsill(I guess that's what you call it?) and he was having the best time looking out the open window, wind blowing in his fur. It really was the cutest thing.

I seem to be suffering from a chronic fever that usually comes around about every 6 months or so. It's called Baby Fever and right now I've got a really bad case of it. Every little creature, be it human or animal, is putting me in a tizzy right now. A co-worker is going to a baby shower today and she showed me what she bought--a little pink flowered outfit with a hat and pink fuzzy slippers--SLIPPERS, people! For a baby! I nearly snatched them and took off running.

For the past few days I've been exhausted, and I'm talking barely keeping my eyes open at work tired, and on top of that I've been alternately tearing up at the littlest things and getting ticked off for no real reason (well, work does this to me, but I digress...). Plus I'm starving all the time. So Epiphany planted the seed in my head with her little comment on Tuesday (shame shame shame!) and it got me wondering.....so I got a test and took it and it came up negative.

Bummer.

The official position the McGee camp is taking on children is that we're going to wait until the first of the year to start trying, but I have to say I wouldn't have been broken up if it had happened a little earlier than planned. Don't think that DH would have been upset, either. :) The only thing that's made me hesitate lately is the fact that when we do bring kids into the world, say goodbye to any private time DH and I have now. I like our alone time together....

So, I will continue to take my prenatal vitamins and try to eat right and exercise (severely lacking in the latter) to prime my body for the big day. And there will probably be lots of celebrating when it finally does happen.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->