about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.13.2005,7/13/2005 08:00:00 PM
Champagne for my Campaign--my brief descent into deabauchery
Ahh, so what's a girl to do? No job, no real friends to speak of who live close by (except for Kimmie, but she lives downtown--come watch White Chicks with me!).....

When the going gets tough, the though drink pink champagne.

I went to lunch with an old co-worker from my bastard last job--she had the good sense to get out while she could--and she asked me what I was going to do with my day. I told her I was thinking of maybe seeing a movie, or maybe I'd go home and drink some champagne.

The latter won over. I went to Central Market, which was on my way home, and bought a bottle of Cristalino Rose Brut (that's fancy-speak for pink champagne) and after it chilled for a good while, I started consuming it at around 6:30. I think there's a glass left in the bottle...

If I'd been back in H-town, my friend Krissypoo would have been over the minute she heard about the outsourcing fiasco and we would have spent the next five or six hours pouring alcohol down our throats to numb the shock of the situation. Unfortunately, though, I live several hours away, so the alcohol pouring is now up to me alone.

Yes, yes, I know that it's never good to drown away your problems in alchohol, because you'll only be faced with a headache and the same problems you had the day before, but I believe that sometimes it's good for us to take a mini-vacation from reality.

And I look at it this way: I'm actually celebrating the fact that I don't have to go back to that place ever again.....EVER!!!

I think that's the best news I've heard all week.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->