about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.07.2005,7/07/2005 10:00:00 PM
The Fabulous Fives Meme
Okay, so I'm not sure if that is what it's really called, but I like the title, and that's all that matters, right?

Epiphany tagged me with this one, so of course I have to oblige! :)

What I was doing ten years ago:
I had just graduated from high school, and was working two jobs--3 days a week doing admin work at a steel company and the rest of the time at a video store.

5 years ago:
It was the summer before my last year at A&M, and I was working temp jobs as a receptionist and the like. Had just recently broken up with my fiance and was trying to keep him at arm's length because he was e-mailing me every five seconds wanting to get back together. I was also getting ready to go visit a friend of mine in Los Angeles.

1 year ago:
I had recently gotten married to my lovely DH, and had started a new job. Was probably still a bit embarassed about the whole July 4th incident and the two pitchers of apple martinis I polished off. (hee hee)

Yesterday:
Started preparing all my stuff for flying out to H-town on Friday morning for Krissypoo's wedding, made a tasty dinner of stuffed mushrooms, roasted vegetable pasta dressed with olive oil and herbs, and a steamed artichoke (had leftovers for lunch!). Waited for DH to get home from his Oracle classes.

5 snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate chip cookies
Baked Cheetos
Chips & Salsa
Cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
PB&J (I recently discovered this after 25 years of being convinced I hated it!)


5 songs I know all the words to: (this is not comprehensive, of course!)
"White Trash Wedding" --Dixie Chicks
"Only" --Nine Inch Nails
"Dancing Queen" --ABBA
"Let's Get it On" --Marvin Gaye
"Shiver" --Coldplay


5 Things I would do with $100 million:
Give my notice
Buy homes for DH and me and our families
Invest invest invest!
Buy the new BMW 6-series
Get my Master's in Library Science and start a literacy program for inner-city children

5 locations I would like to run away to:
New Orleans
England(anywhere in that country!)
Puerto Vallarta
Napa Valley
Tuscany
New Zealand


5 bad habits I have:
Biting my nails
Procrastinating
Not washing my face before bed
Being a know-it-all :)
Something I shouldn't mention on the blog!

5 things I like doing:
Reading
Spending time with family and friends
Shopping
Cooking
Chilling out on the couch

5 things I would never wear:
Bikinis
Satiny dresses
Thong underwear
Uggs
Thick black eyeliner

5 TV shows I like:
Alias
Family Guy
Good Eats
Law & Order: SVU
Desperate Housewives


5 Biggest joys:
Waking up to a brand new day (Even if it is at 6am!)
Putting on my pajama pants after work
Meeting & marrying DH
Knowing that someday I will be a mother (sooner rather than later, I hope!)
Opening a new book for the first time that you've been anxiously waiting to read (Harry Potter #6 comes out next week!)


5 Favorite toys:
My iPod Mini
TiVo
My Laptop
KitchenAid Mixer
My sleek black sports car!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->