about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.05.2005,7/05/2005 09:25:00 AM
It Feels Like Monday
Hope everyone had a relaxing holiday weekend. Ours was rather uneventful--we went with DH's parents and sister to the Dallas Summer Musicals production of On the Record, which is a musical revue of Disney songs. It was quite lame. I felt the actors' movements were extremely contrived and, while the singing was pretty good, the set was supposed to mimic a recording studio (hence the title) which made it kind of boring to look at.

During intermission DH turned to his mom and asked, "Is this supposed to be a plaintive cry for grandchildren?" because there were quite a few little kiddos hopping around the Music Hall at Fair Park that day. She denied it, but we all know it's true. :)

You know how Mondays are always reviled because things tend to go wrong on Mondays--lose your keys, have a fashion crisis, etc, all of which make you late to work? Well, for some really strange reason, I've never had problems on Mondays. Everything always goes wrong for me on Tuesdays. Case in point: I dawdled a bit too long at home, thinking that leaving around 7:00 am would be fine and I would still get to work on time. I get into my car, and WHAM! Completely forgot that we used up every drop of gas in my car this weekend and that the needle was actually below the "E," so I had to get gas this morning, which ate into my drive time. On top of that, my travel coffee mug tipped over during the drive to the gas station and there's coffee on the passenger seat, which, thank goodness, wasn't too difficult to clean up because of my leather seats.

Then traffic was absolutely HORRIBLE, and I thought to myself, "There's no way I can make it to work on time, " but I ended up rolling into the garage around 7:55 this morning, so things didn't turn out ALL that bad.

Oh yeah, went and saw Batman Begins on Friday after I left work, and I must say, I thought it was the best of all the modern Batman movies. Plus, I think Christian Bale is absolutely beautiful. My only gripe was that it was a teensy-weensy bit too long. They could have cut some of the scenes, in my opinion. But, all in all, an excellent movie. I would even see it again!

To work!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->