about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
9.20.2005,9/20/2005 03:55:00 PM
By Special Request....
This is for Krissypoo and her sister Crazy Amy:

Menu (in detail) from yesterday.....

Monday:
Breakfast
For breakfast I had my usual--Maple & Brown Sugar Frosted Mini Wheats with vanilla soymilk. I loooove Frosted Mini Wheats, especially these, since they're not too sweet. I like to let them sit for a minute or to let the sweet coating kind of gum up. On my way to work I drank the coffee I had lovingly ground and brewed--right now we're drinking the Signature Blend from Super Target--not bad at all.

Lunch
Lunch consisted of the lazy lasagna I made the night before. Here's what you do if you want to make it:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute garlic in some olive oil until golden. Brown 1 lb of ground pork in the skillet, add a half palmful of crushed red pepper, basil, and oregano. Salt and pepper the meat.

While pork is browning, set your pasta water to boil. When boiling, add salt and your pasta (I like bowties or rigatoni).

After the meat is browned, add a little pasta sauce and keep warm. Finish boiling pasta, strain, and dump the meat into the pot with the pasta, add about half a jar of pasta sauce and a small container of ricotta cheese. Mix well.

Layer your mixture into a casserole dish like this: pasta mixture, sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese. Do this until the pasta mixture is all gone. Top with more sauce and cheese. I usually use about a jar and a half of pasta sauce, just so everything is all covered in tomatoey goodness.

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.

Dinner
DH went out to watch the Cowboys/Redskins game last night, so I went to Fadi's Mediterranean Restaurant and got their sampler, which consists of small portions of their salad, veggies, and your choice of a meat. I sampled various salads (the tabbouleh, hummus, and fattoush were wonderful!), hot vegetables (the cauliflower is my favorite, followed by the spinach), and a roasted piece of lamb. It was SO good! I watched part of Love Actually that I had TiVo'ed but ended up talking on the phone to my girlies.

Man, now I'm hungry!

This weekend is going to be cool. If the weather holds up, DH will be trekking to H-town to visit Eric & Christine, and I will be attending the Coldplay show here in Big D with my friend Laura. I can't wait!

Okay, you two, are you satisfied now????
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->