about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
9.22.2005,9/22/2005 04:21:00 PM
Man, I'm on a Roll...
I heard on the radio this morning while getting ready for work that Britney Spears is suffering from postpartum depression. Reports say that she cries non-stop and is worried about her C-section scar and how it's going to look. I've been doing a halfhearted search on the Internet today(in between looking at all this hurricane stuff), but haven't found anything to corroborate my story. So, here's my thoughts on that.

First of all, it's perfectly normal for women to suffer the "blues" for a week to ten days after giving birth. It's when these blues won't go away after a prolonged period of time that it's termed postpartum depression. Since the Britster gave birth 8 days ago, what she has is technically not postpartum depression. What I think she is suffering from is a big dose of reality.

She married a money-grubbing thug who left his girlfriend when she was seven months pregnant with his child. According to the gossip rags, (okay, okay, I know that they're gossip mags, but bear with me) Mr. Britney Spears continued to smoke around the pregnant Britney despite her entreaties for him to stop. Doesn't seem to me that he is a stand-up father kind of guy. And if he's willing to cheat on his pregnant girlfriend with you, he's more than likely to cheat on you, his wife who's recently given birth. Oh wait, then he'd have to give up all that money....

And then what's up with the whole C-section thing? Britney was perfectly capable of giving birth naturally, but decided not to because she didn't want to go through the pain of childbirth. How vain is that? I'm not an expert, but I thought that C-sections were reserved for serious complications during the childbirth process. Hasn't she ever heard of an epidural? Now she's whining about her damn C-section scar. Well, honey, maybe you should have had the baby naturally and then you wouldn't have had that scar. You brought that on yourself.

I really feel for their child. It sounds to me that this little baby has parents who have no business raising children, at least not until they cease being immature brats themselves.

Ah, I feel better now.....
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->