about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
9.17.2005,9/17/2005 11:35:00 PM
More Insight into my Husband's Taste in Music
Christmas has come early to the McGee household. This evening, DH and I trekked to Best Buy and we picked him up a brand-spanking-new iPod Nano. He has been about to bust from wanting it so badly, that I caved in and said he could get one. (Aren't I just a fabulous wife?)

All I have to say is, holy crap, folks. This thing is freaking awesome. It's so damn TINY! It makes my iPod Mini look like the fat older sister.

So this evening has been spent with both of us on our laptops in the family room, browsing iTunes for new music to put on our respective iPods. Which is where I learned a lot about my husband's musical tastes. He likes 60's and 70's rock, mainly, with some blues, jazz, and a smattering of other stuff. He HATES hip-hop, or rather, the hip-hop that is popular right now.

I, on the other hand, LOVE hip-hop. Especially the stuff that's out now. The whole over-the-top aspect of newer hip-hop really appeals to me. I think it's great. I CAN'T STAND 60's and 70's rock, though, with the exception of Jimi Hendrix.

I have rather eclectic tastes in music, ranging from hip-hop (Ludacris, Snoop Dogg), to classical (Baroque is my favorite classical period), to Tejano and Latino, and more specific artists from Bjork, Nine Inch Nails (my favorite band), The Cure, Coldplay, Queen, ABBA, and lots of other stuff--I could fill up a lot of space if I named everything I liked.

However, one song I'd really love to add to my collection is "Caffeine" by The Suspects. If anyone out there has an MP3 file of that, I'd be eternally grateful if they would send it to me!

Have a great evening, everyone!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->