about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.03.2005,10/03/2005 09:00:00 AM
Coffee Talk
You know, I never used to drink coffee, but now I just can't seem to start my day without a cup. I don't know what's going to happen when I get pregnant, although I did read that it's okay to have a cup of coffee in the morning.

I have a couple of pet peeves. Well, one in particular. This morning I was driving down my street, trying to get out of my subdivision, and this blue Blazer was in front of me driving like complete ass, going like 15 mph. It was only after I was able to get around her when I got out of the subdivision that I noticed that SHE WAS PUTTING ON HER MAKEUP! And not just lipstick or powder--the dumbass was putting on MASCARA! While she was driving!

Now, I understand being in a hurry, and it's sometimes difficult for me to get to work on time. But, come on! Putting on mascara while driving? How stupid is that? It takes like 5 seconds to put on mascara.

My old boss used to put her contacts in while driving. It's a wonder these people don't kill themselves or others with their behavior.

Okay, I'm off of my rant. Friday night DH and I went to see Serenity. That movie totally kicked ass! Although I am a recent viewer of Firefly, I thoroughly enjoyed it, even with the snafus that ensued during the movie.

We went to Studio Movie Grill to see the movie, which is a restaurant/movie house (Like Alamo Draft House). DH ordered quesadillas, and about 25 minutes into the movie, proceeded to have butterfingers and spill his salsa. All over my flip-flops and into my purse. I tried to clean it up at our table, but it just wasn't happening, so I had to squelch (salsa between the toes is not pleasant) out of the theater into the bathroom, where I commenced cleanup. I was in a little bit of a nasty mood after that, so I marched up to the bar, ordered a martini, and went back to my seat in the theater, where I stumbled and spilled some of my martini onto DH. It was completely unintentional, I swear!

Saturday we went to the gun show at the Frisco Conference Center--my first gun show--and looked at various firearms. I have been shooting at a range once and really enjoyed it, and would like to take some gun safety classes as well as work on getting my CHL. Didn't come out with any firearms, but I did get a really cool lucky bamboo plant for my office. Yeah, in addition to guns, this place even sold jewelry! I think it's for the men, so when they drop $2000 on a rifle, they can pick up a sparkly $10 bracelet to distract the little woman while he hightails it to the safe. That place was slightly chauvanistic--I was looking at a little sub-compact 9mm pistol and the dealer said to me that "he didn't think that was a very good pistol for a lady," since he figures that the safety would be too difficult for a woman to work in a crisis. Ha. I laugh at the ignorance of people sometimes.....

I think I've said enough for the moment. Back to work!!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->