about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.18.2005,10/18/2005 08:59:00 AM
Dragging Ass
Oh man, I am so tired right now. It was totally worth it, though.

NIN was awesome! I have to say that it was probably the best show I've seen in a very long time, and the best NIN show I've EVER seen. The crowd was so into it (myself included), and Trent looked SO good (DH kept laughing at me b/c I later said that I wished Trent would take his shirt off, but I knew he wouldn't. His arms are HUGE! His pecs must be equally beautiful).

The set list was exact, except that "Wish" was played a bit farther down. I had never seen "Suck" played live and that was a real treat. Even though the entire show was phenomenal, I have to say that my favorite part was when he played "Hurt." Nobody was yelling, the arena was in semi-darkness, with lights on Trent playing the keyboard, and everyone was singing along. It was so powerful....I don't remember breathing.

The thing about this show was that I've loved NIN for so long, that most of the songs he played took me back in time and the memories associated with the songs. Some of them were like seeing old friends, others, well, a bit harder to listen to, but it was a great experience all the same. For those of you in Houston or other places who haven't seen the show yet, you will be very happy at the end. Even DH liked it, and he isn't a big fan--he said that he likes them better now that he's seen them live--I will convert him yet!

My thoughts are so jumbled right now! I'm going to go back to my Starbucks cup and drink it down before it gets too cold....
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->