about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.12.2005,10/12/2005 11:25:00 AM
I am a Culinary Goddess
Man oh man.....I recently purchased this cookbook on Ebay (I freakin love that site) that consists of quick meals that can be ready in 20 miuntes. It's called Minutemeals and last night was the first night I tried a recipe from it.

It was so damn good I wanted to slap myself.

I made pasta e fagioli soup, which is a white bean soup with sausage and pasta, with a Caesar salad on the side.

The soup was really easy: You take 1/4 lb of sweet Italian sausage, take it out of the casing and cook it up in 2 Tbs of garlic-infused olive oil. At the same time this is cooking, put in 1/2 of an onion and 1 tsp. Italian seasoning blend. Cook this until the sausage browns, for about 5 minutes. After everything is browned, add in a can of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of white cannelini beans, and 3 cans of chicken broth. Bring this to a boil and add 1/2 c of small pasta (I used small shells). Cook for 10-12 minutes. Garnish with a bit of freshly grated Parmesan.

I've been on this cooking kick lately--with my new job I'm not nearly as stressed out as I used to be, and I get home around 6, so it's relaxing for me to come home and cook up a great meal.

Now, if only we could train the cats to do the dishes......
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->