about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.26.2005,10/26/2005 11:06:00 AM
I'm going CRAZY
Baby crazy, that is.

I just spent the last 30 minutes talking to my boss (who's my age) about his 2-year-old son.

My mom told me yesterday that when my brother talks to the baby that's in utero in his girlfriend, the baby moves around. It's going to be a girl.

In two weeks DH's brother and his wife find out whether they're having a boy or girl.

Is it any wonder I'm going nuts over here? I'm so ready to be a mother. I know that a couple of people (Mrs. Wallington, especially) are completely shocked by that statement, as I never seriously wanted kids before I met DH.

I can't understand why, when I talk to others about wanting a child, that they go, "Well, come over to my house and take care of my kids and you'll think twice!" Yes, I realize that parenting will be a tough job, but I've been thinking about this for a while now. I know what I'm getting into. I know that being a parent will not be easy, by any means, but I'm ready to try. To have a little person that you and your partner created that you get to teach things, and love, and take care of, well, I just think that it's the best thing in the world.

Okay, I'm starting to get all teary. I'm going to shut up now.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->