about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.17.2005,10/17/2005 03:50:00 PM
Just thought I'd share...
I noticed when all of us girlies did a certain meme that when asked what our favorite piece of jewelry was, it was unanimously our wedding rings if we were married. So, I thought I'd show mine off and maybe encourage everyone else to do the same, because, hey, I love looking at other womens' wedding rings! I think they say a lot about the person wearing them.

So, without further ado, I present my favorite pieces of jewelry!



The top is my engagement ring (duh,) and it was actually DH's great-grandmother's. When we decided to get married his mother offered to let us have Mom's (that's what they called her) engagement ring and we could remake it however we wanted. At first I wasn't sure what it was going to look like because DH told me it was "a diamond with a lot of little diamonds around it" so I didn't know what to expect, but when my MIL showed me the ring, I completely fell in love with it. I'm not sure if you can really tell by the way the picture is (it's not the best quality, I know!), but it's actually a diamond in the center surrounded by 6 other diamonds. I couldn't have picked a more beautiful ring myself! All we had to do with it was replace the very large gold band with a platinum one. (apparently DH's great-grandmother had large fingers, whereas I wear a size 6.)

The wedding band belonged to my great-aunt. Now this was one great lady! She married for the first time at 15 to a man much older than she. Her husband was not very good to her, so they ended up divorcing and later on she married a Colonel in the Air Force, and this was the ring from that very happy marriage. I loved my great-aunt very much. She was always perfectly groomed and loved the color red and zebra print. As they had no children, she doted on me and the other children in the family. I was her "Princess."

After she passed away in 1999, my grandmother came into possession of this ring. Before she died of cancer in 2001, she gave it to me and I resolved to keep it as my wedding band. And so I did! And crazily enough, the two rings go together really well! Who would have thought? I guess it was just meant for DH and I to get married!

Okay, I think I'll go back to work now....one hour left! Woo! 4 hours to NIN! Double WOO!

posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->