about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.26.2005,10/26/2005 03:17:00 PM
Me Me Me Me Me Me
By way of Poppy and Lisa:

Name someone with the same birthday as you.
FDR and Gene Hackman

Where was your first kiss?
In Mark Simon's doorway on December 15th, 1990. I was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, a black cardigan, and black slip-on shoes.

Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
No, but I watched as some friends of mine spray-painted the balls of a bronze horse pink in front of the Math building at SWT when I was a freshman.

Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
I was raised with two older brothers, what do you think?

Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Yes. Singing is my great passion. I was in choir from 5th grade until my senior year in high school and sang many solos. I also was in choir in college for 3 years. I sing karaoke from time to time (Once even going to a Korean karaoke bar in Houston where the women fawned over Krissypoo's husband because he speaks fluent Korean) and at weddings when I'm asked.

What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Eyes, mouth, smile.

What is your biggest mistake?
Not putting my foot down in certain situations, not touring with the Texas A&M Century Singers the summer of 1999 (to Europe!), and not participating in a study abroad program. That's more than one...

Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
No, I'm just clumsy.

Say something totally random about yourself.
I really have to pee right now.

Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
I get Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks a lot (well, not so much now as I live in Texas and most Texans hate them b/c of what she said about Bush. I am not one of those people--I agree with her!) and Drew Barrymore.

Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
I have a husband. Of course I do. :)

Did you have braces?
Never did--my teeth are very straight. I can't see worth a damn, though, so I guess it's a tradeoff.

Are you comfortable with your height?
I wish I were 3 inches taller (5' 7"), but it doesn't bother me generally.

What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Given me a huge bouquet of flowers and a box of Godiva chocolates on our first date. Especially since he hadn't met me face to face yet!

When do you know it's love?
Well, with DH, we were at this Portuguese restaurant on our third date and I looked at him while he was looking down at the menu. All of a sudden I just knew. And I knew I wanted to be with this man for the rest of my life.

Do you speak any other languages?
I can speak Spanish very haltingly, but can sing in a multitude of other languages, although I have little background on the translation.

Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
I have. I know it's bad, but there's something really nice about lying in there under the warm lamps with the little a/c fan blowing on you. It's really comfy. I haven't been in about 2 years, though.

What magazines do you read?
Marie Claire, Oprah, US Weekly, Life & Style, In Touch, W, Vogue, Glamour, Jane, Martha Stewart, Real Simple

Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes, when I was like 11.

Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Too many, especially during the past 5 years.

Do you watch MTV?
Only for "Pimp My Ride."

What's something that really annoys you?
People who put on makeup while driving. Not using turn signals. Smacking food. Slurping. Not listening to me. Talking on cell phones without a headset in the car. Kino and his habit of knocking glasses off the counter, table, etc.

What's something you really like?
Cooking, traveling, reading, singing, shopping, playing with the kitties, being with my husband, spending time with my family, blogging....

Can you dance?
I sure can--well, not choreographed dance, at least not very well, but I dance all the time!

What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
Oh boy, this is a longish story, but I was once up for 42 hours on my way to Virginia to visit a friend. I stayed up all night on a date, then my flight was canceled, and when I finally got to BWI, we decided to make the 3 hour drive to Charlottesville. That totally sucked. I think I smoked an entire pack of cigarettes to keep awake. This was back when I used to smoke, I only do it now in extremely rare cases...

Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No, thank goodness, and I hope never to be!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->