about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.15.2005,11/15/2005 08:17:00 AM
It's a Sad, Sad Day for Me...
Last night we had lasagna. A lovely, cheesy, vegetable lasagna that DH made.

I thought I could handle it. It was SO good. But then, about an hour and a half later, I was sick as a dog.

In the past two years I have developed an intolerance for milk products. This is a horrible fate for me, the cheese lover, and I've been trying to fight it ever since. Lactaid doesn't really work for me, and I don't like having to take any more pills than I already am at the moment.

Last night, though, was a turning point. I just don't like the way I feel after eating dairy--even the tiniest little bit. Now, I can handle yogurt, since it has active cultures, and some parmesan cheese on top of my salad doesn't usually hurt me.

So, I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm cutting all dairy out of my diet for at least a month.

(sob)

If any readers out there have any advice on some good dairy substitutes I'd appreciate it! I already drink soy milk and have tried soy yogurt and like it.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->