about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.30.2005,11/30/2005 10:13:00 AM
On The Pile
I don't know about you, but there's something both satisfying and sad about finishing a really good book. Satisfying because of the sheer enjoyment of reading the words, and sad because there's no more. :(

I wasn't much of a sci-fi fan until DH introduced me to Robert Heinlein. The first book I read by him was The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, which was excellent, Farnham's Freehold, equally excellent, and the one I finished last night was The Door Into Summer. It's difficult to pick a favorite among these three, because they're equally wonderful books and captivating reads. I think I finished The Door Into Summer the quickest though, in just over 2 days.

So, now that my foray into sci-fi is at an end for the moment, I have in the queue:

The Corset Diaries (Mindless fluff--woo!)
Girl With a Pearl Earring
The Ordinary Princess (One of my favorites growing up--I decided to re-visit it)

The list right now is pitifully low, but I have about 50 other books waiting for me at the library, just waiting to flip the switch and bring them active. The reason I've started doing this is because I was getting a buttload of books at a time and not having the time to read them!

I am also listening to audiobooks. I love to listen to audiobooks during my commute, but it appears that I'm about to run into the same problem with the audiobooks as I have with my regular books--I'm listening to one I bought on Amazon at the moment, but have 2 more checked out, and 3 more waiting for me at the library!

Here's my list of audiobooks:

Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals Queens
Assize of Dying
Emma Brown
Emma
The Mill on the Floss
Wuthering Heights


Man! Good thing TV hasn't held my interest much this season, otherwise I'd be up to my neck in reading material! Or maybe I already am, but I'm in denial.....
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->