about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.04.2005,11/04/2005 02:08:00 PM
Post 130
What a great number! 1-30, for those of you who don't know, is my birthday. I love my birthday--I do a countdown every year starting January 1. 2006 marks the last year of my twenties. I am going to have to do it big!

What's funny is that the psychic I visited who told me I'd meet DH also told me I'd have a little girl at the age of 29. Hmmm. So far no kid yet, but who knows? It only takes 9 months to grow a baby--we could conceive in March and still make the deadline!

My arm's sore. Why? you ask? I got the flu shot today. My first one ever. Yeah, I know that's strange, but seeing as I haven't had the flu in about 7 years I think I've done okay. What sucked is that I stood in line for over two hours to get the damn thing. Yep, you heard me.

I was originally scheduled to have a flu shot when they came to my office, but I came down with strep throat and couldn't have one. For some reason I have this feeling that if I don't get a flu shot this year that I am going to get sick, so when I heard that CVS in North Plano was giving out flu shots today, I decided to go get one. I figured 15 minutes to drive there, 15 minutes to get the shot, and 15 minutes to drive back. No problemo.

WRONG!

When I walked in at 9:50 this morning, the line snaked from the pharmacy, down the snack aisle, and curved around near the cashiers at the front of the store. I was probably in the 40's in terms of number of people. By 11 I had moved up to the snack aisle, and by 12:30 I had my shot. Luckily I made friends with the people around me so there were people to talk to.

At shot time, when there were about 2 people in front of me, this woman comes up and says to us, "There is a woman here with triplets and she's been standing in line for over an hour with these three babies, waiting to get her flu shot. Would you please let her go in front of you?" I figured that a few more minutes wouldn't hurt, so I said yes and this poor, harried-looking woman comes up with THREE LITTLE BOYS and gets her flu shot. Poor lady.

I ended up making it back here to work a little before 1.

What an interesting Friday!!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->