about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
12.22.2005,12/22/2005 01:12:00 PM
Christmas Meme!
Courtesy of Piff.....

Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Hot Chocolate!

Turkey or Ham?
I am more of a ham person on Christmas.

Do you get a Fake or Real you cut it yourself Christmas tree?
Fake, and then I light pine-scented candles to give the illusion!

Decorations on the outside of your house?
Not yet, but when we have kids, then yes.

Snowball fights or sledding?
I've heard sledding isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I'll go with snowball fights. But, then again, seeing as I've never been in a whole lot of snow, well, I don't have much of an opinion.

Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Hell NO!

Favorite Christmas song?
"What Child is This?" and "Carol of the Bells"

How do you feel about Christmas movies?
The tradition in our family is to watch "A Christmas Story" when it comes on TBS for 24 hours straight on Christmas Eve. Best damn Christmas movie ever!

When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I just can't really get into it when it's 100 degrees outside....

Stockings before or after presents?
We open presents on Christmas Eve, and then have stockings and "Santa" on Christmas Day.

Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
I am a classically trained singer, so the snob in me will critique them if they go flat, but in my head--I wouldn't say it out loud. But I do notice. Generally carolers know how to sing, though....so yes. I listen to them.

Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
We split the time between families--DH's parents for Christmas one year, mine the next. This year it's H-town, baby!

Do you read the Christmas Story?
When I was little....

What do you do after presents and dinner?
Watch TV and veg out.

What is your favorite holiday smell?
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Evergreen

Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Neither if it can be helped.

Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
All gifts on Christmas Eve, stocking and "Santa" presents Christmas Day.

Favorite Christmas memory?
Year before last we had the whole family over and did the white elephant gift exchange, but with good presents. We all fought over the bubbling foot spa. My brother ended up with a hot-dog griller for his barbecue grill (he doesn't own a grill) and I got a cordless phone. I don't have a land line. But it was a lot of fun--we laughed A LOT!!!

Favorite part about winter?
Turning on the fireplace and cuddling with my husband. I have to say that holidays are a lot more fun now that I have someone to share them with....

Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
I think so, but I can't really remember.....
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->