about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.15.2006,1/15/2006 11:20:00 AM
Adventures in Decorating, Part Three
As most of you know, for Christmas I got my very first sewing machine, which tickled me to no end, I tell you.

I've been itching to use it, and yesterday got my chance. Went to the fabric store and they were having a huge sale, and I got ugly pillows for 50% off the sale price, so I got 5 pillows for $11. While I was there, I bought fabric to cover the pillows.

In our bedroom we have a light green duvet on the bed, and purple sheers on the windows from the first incarnation of the bedrom decor. (I like to re-do the bedroom about once a year, and we previously had a royal purple comforter on it) I wanted to find a way to tie in both colors together, and found a great purple and green stripe fabric that went PERFECTLY with our colors! I also bought some solid purple fabric that's a corduroy with a diamond quilting on it to go with the purple stripe fabric.

Here are the photos....and this is only the beginning!


There are purple velvet shams behind the green ones....you can't tell very well in the picture.

Joey loves the new bedroom decor!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->