about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.10.2006,1/10/2006 09:24:00 AM
Lots to Catch Up On...
Well!

Yesterday, as some of you know, I spent at home. Why, you ask? Well, Saturday I went to the dentist (at 7 am) for a possible root canal. Turns out they didn't need to perform that procedure on my tooth, as the decay wasn't that deep. While I was there I asked what other work needed to be done (I have to have quite a bit done, since it's been 5 years since I had been to the dentist and I needed work done 5 years ago but never had it) and they said I had another tooth on the right side that the filling needed to be replaced and two cavities on the left side that should be filled. So I said, okay, and made an appointment to go back at noon.

During my second exam, I had to be shot up with novocaine twice because I could feel the dentist drilling, incidentally numbing my face up to my eyeballs (I kid you not, when I took out my contacts when I got back home I couldn't feel my fingers taking them out), and he filled the cavities. I go home and promptly fall asleep. Dinnertime rolls around, and when I start chewing on my left side, I find it REALLY painful, and then discover a really hard knot on the right side where they had the potential root canal fixed. I thought, "Something isn't right," and resolved to call on Monday and get it taken care of.

Yesterday I went to the dentist AGAIN, and turns out the filling on my left side didn't stick and they had to re-fill that cavity, and the knot on my right side is my tooth, traumatized by the repair, saying, "Ouch!" They gave me antibiotics for that, and if the swelling doesn't go down, then I am going to have to have a root canal on THAT tooth. Yay.

Numb up to my eyeballs again, I went home and did some housework, taking a personal day. Today I'm still kind of sore but can actually open my mouth a bit wider than I could yesterday--you should have seen me try to eat dinner. Let's hope that I don't need another root canal!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->