about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.02.2006,1/02/2006 10:17:00 AM
Merry New Year!
Wow. 2005 is over. I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year holiday!

DH and I spent NYE with his family and had our Christmas at this time, too. This is kinda cool, since I have two families of my own (my parents split up when I was 4,) so we've had "Christmas" since the first of December. :) Not that the gifts are all that important, but, well, you know what I mean.....

We saw two movies this weekend: Fun with Dick & Jane, and Memoirs of a Geisha. D&J was entertaining, but I was a bit irked when I found out it was a remake. Has Hollywood ran out of original ideas? It seems lately that every other movie out there is a freakin' remake. All in all, though, it wasn't bad. Memoirs, while beautiful in scenery, was so-so. Parts of it seemed to drag along, and portions of the book were omitted entirely. I feel that if you hadn't read the book, it might be a bit difficult to follow. So, my opinion: Read the book first, and if you REALLY want to, see the movie.

Today DH and I have the day off, and at the moment he is watching the Cotton Bowl. Hopefully Texas Tech will win, because if they lose he's gonna be in a bad mood all day! :)

Sorry for the short and rather disjointed post! I've gotten bitten by the cleaning bug and plan on throwing away A LOT of stuff today!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->