about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.10.2006,1/10/2006 09:48:00 AM
New Year = New Calendar(s)
I love the turning over of a new year. This is because I get to have a new calendar. I like to try to get a different style every year, one that reflects my personality. At the house this year we have a calendar of New Orleans scenes--not only did we get to donate to Katrina efforts with this calendar (well, Ryan and Alley did since they gave it to me for Christmas,) every time I look at it I'm reminded of our wedding and what a great time we had.

For work, I usually get a mini calendar. This year I was torn between two different ones: Naughty Naughty Pets and Warhol's Desserts. I ended up buying both.



Naughty Naughty Pets is a collection of children's stories about--what else? Naughty pets. I found these books at Half Price Books a while back and laughed my head off, especially at the one about Kiefer--a black cat who likes to leave "presents" for his owner.



Warhol's Desserts is a collection of drawings by Andy Warhol of different desserts. It's very colorful and whimsical, but after viewing this calendar I wonder why Warhol was such an influential artist. Do you see the proportions of that cake stand? In reality that stem would snap right off! Hell, I could draw that! Still, I think it's fun, and since I love desserts, well, I couldn't resist.

Now my cube is decorated by two very colorful, very whimsical calendars. I'm usually drawn to more "serious" calendars of photography or scenery, but this year I thought I'd shake it up a little. I'm happy that I did.

posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->