about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.31.2006,1/31/2006 03:20:00 PM
Twenty-Nine Years and Counting....
This past weekend was the Great Austin Blogger Encounter, and I wanted to say that meeting everyone was so awesome, and thanks for the birthday wishes and yummy cake! It was so much fun and I hope to do it again soon!

Yesterday was my birthday, the big 2-9, and I decided to take the day off from work so I could do whatever I wanted. So, I got up around 8:30, called my mom and talked for an hour or so, and decided that I wanted to get a massage, so I called up the massage place and scheduled my very first professional massage for 11:30.

Let me tell you, that was the most relaxing thing I've ever done! I could hardly drive home! Good thing I don't live far from the place. DH took the afternoon off and took me out to lunch--we'd originally planned on going to Texas de Brazil, but after my muscles being turned into putty I didn't think I could handle the drive and then the HUGE meal of meat, meat, and more meat, so we decided on Fuddrucker's instead, which was right by our house.

After the best hamburger ever, we went back home and Joey wouldn't leave me alone--he kept putting his front paws up on the couch and meowing at me, so I said, "Do you want to take a nap with Mommy?" and he immediately trotted toward the bedroom, where we cuddled up for a couple hours and I slept off the massage fog.

For dinner, DH put the cutest star candles on top of a mini-chocolate cake with Oreo buttercream frosting and sang "Happy Birthday" to me, which was probably my favorite part of the day--he has a really nice singing voice but never uses it, so that was very special to me! Then we watched the Battlestar Galactica we had Tivo'ed and went to sleep soon after!

What a great day....and a great weekend! I'm going to post about the last part of my weekend a little later, because I wanted a post dedicated to the experience, but I just wanted to tell everyone that I am so blessed to have all of you as friends. Thank you for being so wonderful--my heart is full.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->