about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.17.2006,1/17/2006 08:18:00 AM
A Very Special Day...
My favorite picture of Joey, taken in my apartment about 3 years ago.


I'm sure that most of you know just how much I love my Joey. Well, today marks the 6th anniversary of the day I adopted him. I like to call it his birthday, though, even though he was 3 when I got him. :)

Let us hearken back to the year 2000. I'd moved out of the place I shared with my ex and let the cat that we had during our relationship stay with him (because Rufus always liked him better anyway). Never one to be without a feline companion, I went to the SPCA in Houston in mid-January 2000 to look at the cats for adoption.

Joey going nuts with the boogie mat (Thanks, Poppy!)


I'd considered kittens, but, as I walked down the aisle, I spotted a 3-year-old, beige-colored tabby sleeping in one of the cubbies next to his litter box. A closer inspection showed that he was a bobtail--my beloved first cat Bobbi was a bobtail--and I immediately requested to see him.

A short time later he was brought to me in one of the "Get Acquainted" rooms, and when they put him on the bench with me, he immediately got into my lap, put his front paws on my chest, closed his eyes and started purring. I knew, right then and there, that I had found my cat. Or maybe he had found me.

In any case, Joey has been my constant companion for the past six years. He greets me at the door when I get home and goes to bed with me at night--he usually lies next to me while I'm reading, and leaves when DH comes to bed. He loves to play with raffia, and, since he knows where we hide it, on the weekends he'll go to where it's hidden and meow and meow for it, begging us to drag it on the floor so he can chase it.


Joey tolerating my photo-taking last night....


I've been grateful for the six years we've had together. I hope to have many more years with my beloved Joey. I still want to clone him, though.....

posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->