about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
3.30.2006,3/30/2006 09:25:00 AM
Lasagna, Mexican-style
Can y'all tell that South of the Border cuisine is one of my favorites? Well, I guess it can't really be called Mexican cuisine, but more Tex Mex. I don't care. Give me cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, and salsa any day--I will be one happy woman.

Last night I made Mexican lasagna from the recipe I found on the Food Network. Of course, I can't take a recipe and follow it to the letter--I have to make it my own. So here's what I did:

Browned 12 oz of a mixture of ground beef and ground turkey, and while it was cooking, I mixed in a mixing bowl about 3/4 cup of sour cream, 3/4 cup salsa, a can of chopped green chiles, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and cayenne. After the meat cooked, I mixed it into the sour cream and salsa concoction, along with about 1 1/2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese.

I sprayed the bottom of my French white Corningware dish with cooking spray and layered corn tortillas on the bottom (cut into wedges) and topped the tortillas with the meat mixture. Another layer of tortillas, another layer of meat, and cover the whole thing with more cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes with the top covered in foil, and 30 minutes uncovered.

I wish I had a picture to show you, but I was so hungry by the time we ate that I just scarfed it. It was GOOOOOD.

With the leftover corn tortillas I made some homemade tortilla chips, and DH made a bean dip with refried beans and jalapenos, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and salsa. That was really good too.

And just so you don't think I'm a total heathen, I did have a mixed green salad on the side. :)

I must leave you now...I have oodles to do and not enough motivation to get it done! Anyone want to do some data entry for me??
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->