about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
3.21.2006,3/21/2006 08:31:00 PM
Vegas, Baby, VEGAS!
So! I think I am sufficiently recovered now from the Vegas trip. It took the stuffing out of me, let me tell you! I slept pretty much the ENTIRE weekend!! I don't know what it is about that town, but it's very surreal, and it turns you into a different person almost.

Case in point: Me. The early bird. The girl who likes to go to sleep early, wake up early, doesn't drink a lot.

Me in Vegas: Staying out late, drinking WAY too much, dragging my ass out of bed to go to our tradeshow, silently cursing the Vegas gods for making me do all this.

It was a hell of a lot of fun, though.

We took the 7 am flight out of Dallas last Tuesday, and got into Vegas at 8 am Nevada time. Immediately we went to the convention center to set up our booth. I really wish I had taken pictures of the before and after, because the change was striking. We came in there to pallets full of boxes and machines and trash all around, and in the space of about 5 hours had our section of the tradeshow floor transformed. It was truly amazing.

After lunch and a nap, we all ventured out to Paris, where we had a lovely dinner at Mon Ami Gabi, overlooking the Bellagio. I drank wine and mojitos (a strange combination, yes, but in Vegas, strangely, it works!) and had the traditional French bistro dinner of steak frites. One of the sales directors and I split a tarte tatin for dessert.



Sadly, the fountains didn't play because it was extremely windy, and my desire to go up into the Eiffel Tower was struck down because of the infernal wind. So I ended up going back to our hotel (The Flamingo) and played slots for several hours. Was up about $50 but, in true Vegas fashion, gave it right back to the house.

The next day I actually woke up and worked out in the fitness center (which was a good thing--sweated out all the alcohol) and got ready for the tradeshow. It was a good day--we got a lot of contacts and it was pretty productive. But I won't bore you with business....

After the reception where our company received an award and I had this lovely drink,

we went to dinner at Margaritaville, and surprise surprise! More alcohol. As I was taking a picture with my coworker, a man did rabbit ears behind my head. I turned around and said, "You owe me a drink!" He bought me a shot of tequila and I found out he was at the same tradeshow as we. As you can see from the pic, I don't do tequila very well. After the shot and another couple of drinks, though, I was tipsy tipsy tipsy! (and with a fresh coat of lipstick to boot!)


At this point, I was done. Finito. Tired as hell and quite tipsy to boot. But, my coworkers peer pressured me (I felt like I was in 6th grade) to go out with them to the Shadow Lounge at Caesar's Palace, promising to have me back to my room by midnight. I stumbled in about 2 am.

My last day in Vegas, I dragged ass the whole time at the tradeshow, and left at 3 to catch my 6 pm flight. Got on the plane, got into Dallas at 11, and didn't get to sleep until after 1 am, with the 45-minute drive home and all. Much thanks to my dear dear Husband, who kindly woke up at 4 am with me and took me to the airport the day I left, and picked me up at 11 pm the day I got back.

It was a fun time, but I'm glad to be back to normal. That place is a little too crazy for me. Then again, it's not stopping me from planning another trip there soon--I want to share it with DH!

posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->