about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
4.10.2006,4/10/2006 08:42:00 AM
For Some Reason, I Thought it was Three Years...


Today is our anniversary. The OFFICIAL one. :)

We were married April 10, 2004, at 10 am at Jackson Square in New Orleans.

Looking back on everything now, two years later (and, as the title says, I thought it was three years instead of two,) I remember vignettes from that day. No details, just little scenes...I think that when you're the bride you usually don't remember all that much of the day. At least that is my case--good thing I have pictures to remind me!

The carriage ride, driving through the Quarter, watching people watching us, and them shouting "Congratulations!"

Seeing my family there, gathered around the steps, before we took our vows. The reverend in his Easter suit of powder blue and his fabulous straw boater hat. (He's quite a character)

Everything melting away as I saw just DH and pledged to honor, love, and cherish him the rest of my life.

The kiss afterward, immortalized by my mother as a picture of just our feet, showing the difference in our height. :)


The wedding brunch at Court of Two Sisters, such a beautiful setting, but I was so wound up I couldn't eat a bite.

It's been a fabulous two years, and I'm looking forward to many, many more.

And DH, sly devil that he is, surprised me this morning with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. He had to take his car in for some work and on his way into his job he stopped by and called me and told me to come out to the parking lot, where he was waiting with beautiful flowers. Here they are in the vase that held my birthday flowers (please excuse my desk):

Of course, I can't say I wasn't a sly devil myself, because I surprised him with this today:
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->