about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.12.2006,5/12/2006 11:36:00 AM
The Blogoversary
Today marks the one year anniversary of the beginning of my blog. I originally started it to try to keep me on track with my weight loss, but things never quite turn out like they should. I've still got those pounds to lose, but you know, that's okay. I'm fine with that! (well, sort of...)

At first, I resisted having a blog. What would I have to talk about ? (apparently, more than I ever thought!) But then, I redisovered my love of writing, and the next thing you know, a year later, I have nearly 300 posts. I also never imagined that I would get to know some of the most marvelous people--people I never would have gotten the chance to know if I hadn't grabbed a corner in cyberspace--I've even met a few in the flesh! I count some of you among my closest friends and am so very grateful to have you!

Lots of things have happened in my life since I started this, including, but not limited to:

Losing my job
Getting an even better one
Finding my biological mother
Deciding to have a baby
Getting my wisdom teeth pulled (not the best thing to do at 28!)
Watching my good friend Krissypoo go from being a Ms. to a Mrs.

I never was much of a journal keeper when I was younger. I love to write, but I don't like writing by hand. (I'm a product of the computer age) So I think it's pretty cool that I have an online journal to record things. Of course, I don't intend to reveal everything (this is public domain, after all.)

So anyway, I wanted to commemorate my first full year as a Blogger. I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and hope that I can continue for a long time to come!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->