about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.29.2006,5/29/2006 08:51:00 PM
Boy, am I TIRED!
I'm back home! I flew into DFW at 8:00 pm on Friday, and ended up getting back to the house around 10. But, my travelin' days were not over, as DH and I jumped into the car Saturday morning and drove to West Texas to visit the dad and stepmom. So here I am, sitting here in my beloved kitchen, so happy to be home.

The week in Florida was really nice. Tuesday I met up with the sales rep, and we had lunch at this place in Orlando called Tu Tu Tango, which was really neat because it served tapas, and featured art from local artists throughout the place. The mango duck quesadillas were to die for, and I wish I could have picked up a piece of art for the house, but alas, I had no way of getting it back home! After lunch she drove me around Orlando and I saw a bunch of trees that represented Disney and Universal Studios (couldn't see much) and we headed down to south Florida.

Wednesday we took some dealers out for sushi in a town called Port St. Lucie and met with an end user of the product to get some information for a case study, and then drove to Ft. Lauderdale and met with some more dealers for drinks and appetizers.

Thursday was more of the same, except that we intended to get to South Beach, which is about 50 miles from Ft. Lauderdale, but we were so tired that we decided to stay up near the hotel and we ate at a place near the beach and drank martinis and ended up getting in rather late after an interesting run-in with a tourist trap souvenir shop (I'll post on that when I've sufficiently recovered...)

Friday we ate Cuban food with some more dealers and then I got to the airport and ended up flying home sitting in front of THE LOUDEST CHILDREN EVER. I swear, I know it's tough for a kid to stay still for three hours, but good Lord, these kids would not shut up and the parents were doing nothing to stop it. Good thing I had some noise-canceling headphones that worked somewhat in quelling the loudness of the little brats behind me. That plane ride made me decide that DH and I will not be traveling with our children on an airplane until they are at least 7 years old and can behave themselves. :)

And that was it, in a nutshell. I'm about to head off to bed, but wanted to let everyone know that I made it back in safely, and am glad to be home!!!!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->