about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.02.2006,5/02/2006 11:27:00 AM
If you Need More Proof of my Nerdiness...
This past weekend was the Dallas ComiCon. Thinking that it would be a fun thing to go to, DH and I went to the Plano Centre on Saturday afternoon. I had no idea what was awaiting me when I got there.

There were people there who were TOTALLY into it--I saw guys dressed in military combat gear, a chick dressed in a kimono, and even some Storn Troopers. There were a lot of different dealers there, offering everything from autographed photos to comic books to action figures.

I didn't intend to buy anything, but I was in one dealer's area and saw the stuffed version of Alphonse from the great anime series Full Metal Alchemist. I couldn't resist, so, I bought him. Then, not far away was a table with lots and lots of Alias stuff. I came away from there with the Season one trading cards. What I really really wanted, though, was a Tachikoma figurine from another great anime series, Ghost in the Shell. I was more than a little disappointed not to find one.

Thomas Jane from The Punisher was there, signing autographs. I really wanted to go up there and be all, "I LOVED YOU IN THE SWEETEST THING!" But I didn't, because 1. I didn't feel like waiting in line, and 2. I'm not THAT much of a nerd, people!

But it was still fun. The Sci-Fi Expo is in July, and we'll probably be going to that one too. Woo hoo!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->