about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.08.2006,6/08/2006 01:09:00 PM
Takin' A Break....
Whew! It seems that all I've been doing lately is work work work. Next week is our company's National Sales Meeting, and all of our sales managers will be coming in from all over the country and we have, well, a meeting. Usually this consists of showcasing new products, going over what the different departments offer (again,) and stuff like that.

Bad news: I will be working some pretty late nights next week.
Good news: I will be hanging out with some cool people who I only get to see twice a year unless I travel with them. Plus, we get to go out to eat at some really cool places--and you all know how I like that!

This week has been crazy, preparing for the whole thing. I lost an entire day to jury duty on Tuesday, so I'm trying to play catch up. At the moment I have about 6 more CD's to burn for the sales awards dinner, two case studies to write, certificates to print out, and a ton of other crap I can't remember right now. At least it makes the day go by faster!

You know what I've noticed? Ever since I went off the crazy pills I tend to get angry much quicker than I used to. And I get weepy a lot easier, too. Like the other night we were watching reruns of House, and there was a story of this little girl who had terminal cancer. So I start thinking, "That's really sad. I hate it when kids have cancer. What if that were my child? Oh my gosh, our kid is going to have terminal cancer!"

And then the waterworks start. Which is really kind of crazy because I was always the one who NEVER cried. And now I tear up all the time, at the slightest thing! I'm more irrational, too, as you can see by our not-even-in-utero-yet child having cancer.

Well, I've whiled away enough time. I should probably get back to work now....yay? :)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->