about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
8.16.2006,8/16/2006 10:52:00 AM
Hellooooo! Long Post Alert!!
Work has been busy, and continues to be so. We are gearing up to launch two new products (which, essentially, are the same product, but one machine is faster and has the ability to scan in color whereas the other doesn't and is slower,) and I'm doing a lot of work for it. This week I'm going to be testing the machine to write an audio guide/podcast for our sales managers and dealers, and I've also been tasked to design the look and feel of the teaser we're going to send out prior to the launch. We decided to do something campy, and turn the front of the postcard into a comic strip. Now, I have no idea how to do this, nor what to write for it, since I'm not really a reader of comics (even though I visit their conventions sometimes,) so any advice would be appreciated! I'm pretty excited about it, though. I have lots of ideas running around in my head, which I should probably be writing down, but instead I'm blogging to you fine people. :)

Okay, so my trip!
WARNING: The following vignette has a bit of bathroom humor in it.

Last Thursday, I got to the airport around 7:30 am, as the always wonderful DH kindly drove me to the airport, but had an 8 am meeting, so we had to leave a bit earlier than anticipated. My flight was scheduled to leave at 9:40 am.

Now, we all know what happened that day in regard to the liquids on the plane thing, so I won't elaborate, but let me just say that all I lost was a bottle of water, because I was forewarned by the ticket agent and decided to put my makeup bag with my hand sanitizer, lotion, eye drops, etc. in my suitcase. Others, however were not so lucky. I saw people throwing away brand new suntan lotion, saline solution, a $48 tube of mascara, and even some of that KY Warming Liquid(hee hee.)

My 9:40 am flight ended up getting to Dallas late due to delays in Chicago, so we didn't get off the ground until after 11, which made me miss my connecting flight at O'Hare. That was all right, except I had to wait around a couple hours for the next flight to Harrisburg. So I ended up getting to PA at 7 when I should have originally gotten there at 4.

Since the sales director and sales manager had already gone up to Reading, where we had a sales call the following morning, I rented a car at the airport and made the hour drive, rolling into the hotel about 8:30 pm.

The front desk was having problems, and it took them about 20 minutes to get me checked into my room, and by the time I got there, I really had to go to the bathroom. I'd been holding it in for most of the day, because, I, for one, didn't relish the idea of taking a poo on the plane(or the airport, for that matter,) and I'm sure my fellow passengers appreciated my reticence. So I went into the bathroom, did my business, flushed, and went into the bedroom area to unpack and stuff.

A couple minutes later I walked into the bathroom and found that my toilet had stopped up. I was thinking, "My god, what next???" After all the stuff I went through that day, to get to a place I could finally kick back and rest, and I clog my damn toilet!

The front desk wasn't answering their phone, maintenance wasn't answering theirs, so what did I do? I started laughing. Because, tired as I was, I'm never too tired to laugh about bathroom mishaps. I called DH, and laughing hysterically, recounted my story to him.

Then the hysterical laughter turned to sobbing.

Has that ever happened to any of you? It's only happened to me one other time, and it suprised me as much then as it did last Thursday. It was if my brain said, "I can't handle any more of this, so I'm going to just shut down, thank you."

About this time, the sales manager called me and asked if he could stop by to discuss the itinerary for the next day.

Here I am, laughing/sobbing, blotchy red face, stopped up toilet, and now my work colleague wants to stop by and say hello. What did I say? I said, "Sure, come on up!"

I washed my face, shut the bathroom door, and opened up the door to my room, trying act naturally, despite the fact that I've been sobbing about stopping up my toilet. After discussing what we were doing the following day and what time we needed to leave, my colleague left, so I think I handled it pretty well. Thankfully, after this I was able to get through to the front desk, where I kindly asked them to send up a plunger as "my toilet has backed up." It was kind of embarassing--"Hi, um, I took a poo in the toilet and clogged it up, can I have a plunger to unstop it please?" They responded rather quickly, I plunged, and problem solved.

After that, the evening went much more smoothly. I drifted off to sleep around 11 pm, visions of plungers, rental cars, and Utz potato chips dancing in my head.

Next: A Night on the Town, and my theory that the Amish are obsessed with sex (with pictures!)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->