about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
8.22.2006,8/22/2006 09:18:00 AM
Intercourse and a Blue Moon
Sigh. Blogger's still being a mean old biyatch and won't let me upload my photos. I wonder if it's punishing me for my last two entries and my less-than-stellar opinion of it. However, the photos are viewable on my Flickr account, although the effect is not the same. Boo, Blogger!!!

I'm afraid the previous installment was the most interesting part of the trip...

The last time we left our fearless heroine, she'd conquered her stopped up toilet and was finally able to enjoy a decent night's sleep after the hellish day of travel.

Friday morning and early afternoon we made our sales calls, drove to the sales rep's house, changed, picked up his wife, and headed out to our Night on the Town function. It was held at a restaurant/bar called Flinchy's, and we partied outside on the deck. If I haven't explained yet, our company runs promotions several times a year. With this one, if our dealers buy a certain number of our machines in a 3-month period, we take them out on a "Night on the Town" at our expense. Anything they want to do (within reason, of course,) we take care of.

At Flinchy's, we dined on steak and crab, and I discovered a delightful Belgian-style beer called Blue Moon--I think I had about 4 pints of it! Of course, this was over a 5 hour period, so I didn't lose my cool too badly. :) I was there for work, after all!

The next morning the sales rep, his wife, and I got up and headed out to the Amish country. We visited one of their favorite places, Kitchen Kettle Village, in--wait for it--Intercourse. Being raised with brothers, I still can't help but snicker when I think about it. How juvenile of me, I know....

Kitchen Kettle was awesome! We visited the foodstuffs store, and I came out of there with tomato preserves, hot pepper relish, green tomato relish, and other things as well. It was really neat to see the Amish women actually canning all this delicious stuff right before our eyes. I wish I could have taken pictures of them, but they frown upon it. I think their religion discourages it, because in the Bible there's mention of "graven images" and how it's a form of idolatry, or something like that. It's been awhile since I looked at the Old Testament.

The time flew by all too quickly, and before we knew it, it was time for us to head back down to Harrisburg so I could catch my flight. I was all paranoid about getting there with plenty of time to spare that I was afraid I was going to be late, but when we pulled into the terminal, there was nobody there. I checked my bag with ease, zipped through security, and that was that. I had no trouble changing planes in Chicago, and would have gotten home a bit early if it hadn't been for the phantom thunderstorm that hit DFW airport. Apparently there was a thunderstorm that hit the area that night, but we didn't get a drop up in Frisco, and no one else I talked to from the area got anything, either. So, we sat on the runway for about 35 minutes until we were able to get a gate.

My wonderful husband was there to pick me up, and we stood around with about 9000 other people waiting for my bag, which I found out had been searched when I picked it up off the carousel. Must have been the tomato preserves. :) So what began with a bang ended with a sigh. But, all in all, it was a fun trip, and I get to add that to my frequent flyer miles!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->