about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
8.08.2006,8/08/2006 08:00:00 AM
Sometimes I Hate Coming up with Titles
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who expressed their concern and well wishes over my allergic reaction. I'm feeling much better now, and my face is back to its normal color and texture. I still have the zits camping out on my jawline, but, you know, considering the alternative, I'm okay with that right now. I do have an appointment set up with the dermatologist a week from Friday, so hopefully we can figure out a solution that doesn't involve having to get a steroid shot.

Life has been pretty calm, otherwise. This weekend was spent cleaning, and I redecorated the guest bathroom (pics are coming soon!) I decided it was time for a more girly look in there, seeing that I use it almost exclusively for my morning primping. I'm pretty pleased with the results. Both mornings this weekend I happened to wake up around 6:30 am, and, instead of lying in bed, I decided to get up and actually do things, which is probably why I managed to get so much cleaning done! DH helped, too, of course, after he woke up a bit later than me. :)
This morning I was driving into work, and discovered that I couldn't turn onto the road I normally turn on to get to my office because the police had the intersection blocked off. Turns out, the CVS that was on that particular corner had a bomb threat called on it at 5 am, and the entire area had been cordoned off. They were diverting traffic and everything! The whole ordeal didn't make me late for work or anything--in fact, I got here at 7:30, a little earlier than usual!

Thursday morning I'm heading out to Pennsylvania for the rest of the week for a work function. I fly into Chicago and change planes to head out to Harrisburg. I'll be in one of those little regional airplanes again for the last leg of the journey, so I know I'll want to freak out, but deep down I know everything will be okay. Friday will be spent making sales calls with the Sales Manager, and that night is the work function I'm attending. I'll be spending Saturday driving around the Amish country, and then I come back to Big D Saturday evening. A whirlwind trip, but I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll get to see Hershey, at least!

And now, back to work!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->