about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
9.09.2006,9/09/2006 12:34:00 PM
Book Meme
Shamelessly stolen from Merrie. Mucho gusto!

Total number of books owned:
Sheesh. What a question to ask a bibliophile! Here's an approximate number of books that our household owns--I have been checking out a lot of books from the library lately, though.

The books in these bookcases are divided into paperbacks and hardbacks, and arranged in alphabetical order according to genre. If I knew the Dewey Decimal System, they'd be arranged that way. How much of a dork am I??


Last book bought:
Taking Charge of Your Fertility at B&N last night. Hey, we've been trying for 8 months....doesn't hurt to be informed!

Last book read:
I finished Chatter of the Maidens by Alys Clare night before last. Part of yet another medieval mystery series. Love love love it!

Five books that mean a lot to you:
ONLY FIVE?!?!?!? Once again, asking a bibliophile to choose five influential books is nearly impossible. But I'll try....

The Little House series--I credit this series with turning me on to reading. I think I was about 7 when I got the first book as a birthday gift.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress--DH recommended this to me, and I discovered a love for sci-fi I didn't know I had.

Bridget Jones' Diary--My first foray into [modern] chick-lit!

Pride and Prejudice--The original chick-lit masterpiece.

The Thorn Birds--There's something about this book that keeps me coming back to read it over and over again. I can't explain it...
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->