about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.15.2006,11/15/2006 09:18:00 AM
Even Promises of a New House Aren't Helping
I have neglected you, dear bloggers.

And I do apologize. It seems I've been so busy lately, and sitting down and typing an entry is too much work for my brain to handle. Plus, it just doesn't seem like I have had anything worth saying.

The first part of the month, as was most of September and October, were given over to the new product launch. It went over really well, and I finally felt like I was able to breathe, and then we had to send out 600 launch kits.

During this time, I've also been tested for PCOS, which stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I went to the doctor last week, armed with a list of symptoms I have, a chart of my menstrual cycles showing that in the last year, I've had seven cycles, and the grim determination that I'm going to find out what the hell is wrong with me. I have almost all of the symptoms of PCOS--weight gain, acne, irregular menstrual cycles, high blood pressure, pelvic pain. Also, it's been almost a year since we started trying to have a baby, and well, nothing's happening there, not for lack of trying, I might add!

They took six vials of blood that day, and when I got my results back a week later, they said that everything was normal, but my insulin levels were high. Grr. At my GP's urging, I made an appointment with an endocrinologist after Thanksgiving to run even more tests. I'm confused, though. Do my "normal" test results indicate that I do not have PCOS? Or does the referral to the endocrinologist mean that we're still trying to figure everything out? I put in a call to my doctor this morning to try to make sense of all of this, and hopefully I'll get a call back soon.

And, in keeping with the title of this entry--yes, we're buying a house, finally! We meet with a realtor on Friday to look at some houses in two different areas of town--where we're currently living, and east of Plano in a pretty up-and-coming area. And while everything is so exciting and scary at the same time, I hope we're doing the right thing, staying up in Big D. I always maintained that I wanted to move back to Houston, but when everything all boils down, DH and I have really good jobs here, and I've finally gotten used to the idea that Big D is "home." In Houston I'd be around my friends and family, but everything else is so uncertain--the job market isn't as robust as Dallas (at least in DH's profession--I can get a job practically anywhere) and if he couldn't find something in Houston in the next couple of months, we'd have to stay here another year anyway, because our lease runs out at the end of February. And the thought of living in the place we're currently living in for yet another year makes me want to rip my hair out.

So all of this stuff going on in my life right now is conspiring to make me have one big nervous breakdown. I'm just feeling, well, frazzled, and wish I could have a day to myself. A day where I can stay home from work, tackle the clutter in our house, do some laundry, and recharge a bit. Because at the moment, just about all of our time from now to New Year's is spoken for, with house hunting and holiday visiting, and all of my paid time off is dedicated to that.

I think the goal for the next couple of months is keeping my head from exploding......
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->