about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.06.2006,11/06/2006 12:29:00 PM
Habit Forming
So, I have a little secret to admit, one that I'm not too terribly proud of, but hey, I was young!

I never used to wash my face before going to bed.

(Bet y'all thought I had a really juicy secret, didn't you?)

I admit it. For practically as long as I can remember, I went to bed with the whole shebang still on my face--eyeshadow, mascara, blush, etc, plus all of the environmental crap you kind of acquire throughout the day. I'd sleep in the damn stuff and then wash it when I showered the next morning.

And, barring the extremely occasional breakout, my skin didn't register this at all.

Then, about 6 months ago, the whole adult acne thing started. And what an odyssey that has been! Not only have I suffered allergic reactions to products, the acne itself is the most stubborn shit I've ever had to deal with!

Finally, though, I think I might (and I'm probably going to jinx myself when I say this) have it under control. I wash my face every night with Neutrogena Anti-wrinkle/Anti-blemish cleanser, and then spread Philosophy's On a Clear Day serum over the trouble spots, along with Philosophy's On a Clear Day H2O2 cream, and finally top it with Aveeno Calming Moisturizer. And it seems to be working. Note, though, that I only wash my face once a day. At night.

Me, who NEVER used to wash her face before bed!! It's become this habit that I can't NOT do, no matter how late it is or how tired I am. Case in point--on Friday night DH and I were lazing about, after having dinner and looking for Neverwinter Nights 2 at Best Buy, and I thought to myself, "I'm not going to wash my face tonight." I put my PJs on, took my contacts out, and crawled into bed.

For about five minutes I was fine. And then I kept thinking about all of the gunk that was on my face, just sitting there, getting into my pores and clogging them up, and I couldn't stand it. I scrambled out of bed as fast as I could and performed my nightly ritual. The minute I smoothed on the moisturizer I was able to relax.

I feel like I'm Monica on Friends, but instead of being anal about keeping my house clean(ha!), I've become anal about my face.

I remember reading somwhere that it takes 21 days of doing something to form a habit....now, if I can just do the same with hitting the gym, I'd be in business! :)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->