about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.29.2006,11/29/2006 10:46:00 AM
Midweek Jumble
It IS Wednesday, isn't it? I swear, I have no idea what day it is anymore.....does anyone else feel that way too?

I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving! We had a lot of fun--got to hang out with the family, watched the A&M/UT game with Krissypoo (GO AGGIES!) and had dinner with Momma Pajama and her husband, which was so much fun! I miss all of you guys so much!

Saturday night we had the great idea to drive back to Big D so we could look at some houses the next day. At the time, we'd narrowed it down to two we liked in our area and wanted to go back and take a look at them. So, at 10 pm, DH and I loaded up the car and took off. I dozed here and there, but essentially stayed awake a good part of the time, and as we rolled into our driveway at 2 am, I was utterly exhausted. I fell into bed (but still washed my face!) and woke up around 11 am, bleary-eyed and still tired, to get ready to meet our realtor to look at those houses, only to discover that I had left EVERY BIT OF MAKEUP I OWNED back in Houston.

DAMMIT!!!

Oh, and I left my hot air curling brush too. Thank goodness I'd bought some new foundation and foundation brush at Sephora (Lost, you'd be proud,) otherwise I'd have had nothing. I managed to rustle up some old mascara dregs and crumbly eyeshadow and used those, much to my chagrin. (just for the record, I went to the store later that night and purchased some eyeshadow and mascara to tide me over. It's not Stila, but I'll manage somehow until my stuff gets here from my Mom.) :)

So, we went to look at the houses, and you know what? I hated both of them. One had some water damage that we didn't see the first time we went in there (and had no landscaping to speak of,) and the second one was just way too small. I mean, after being in Houston all weekend and seeing 2000+ sq. ft. houses go for $140,000, and I'm talking NICE houses, I find I'm having a very difficult time paying $170,000 for 1700 sq. ft. So DH and I have decided to expand our search area a bit, and I hit the jackpot and found some larger, more reasonably priced homes a tad south and east of us. This whole house hunt thing is just so incredibly frustrating--I do not plan to move for at least six/seven years after we buy this sucker.

Other than that--well, there is something that's going on, but I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it here, and no, I'm not pregnant--believe me, if I were, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. :) I will probably post about it next week if all goes as expected.

Have a great week everyone!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->