about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
12.20.2006,12/20/2006 10:07:00 AM
Brought to you by the Letter "S"
My lovely friend Poppy gave me the letter "S" and challenged me to think of 10 things I love that start with that letter. I hope I can think of 10, but here goes....

1. Stoli
Ahhh, vodka. Vodka is my favorite liquor, especially since it goes into my favorite drink, dirty martinis! Yes, I know that a traditional martini is made with gin, but I can't stand the stuff, personally. Too bad I have to abstain from alcohol at the moment due to this medication I'm on. :(

2. Sneezing
There's something very therapeutic about sneezing. I tend to quickly sneeze twice in a row, semi-loudly, and DH always waits until the second sneeze to say "Bless you!" Of course, there are times when I sneeze only once, and I'm left hanging, but generally, I sneeze twice in a row.

3. Sex
How could I have the letter "S" and not mention sex! It's fun (duh,) relieves stress, and brings you closer together as a couple, pardon the pun.

4. Sunbeams
They're warm, comforting, and I enjoy watching the kitties loll about in them on Saturday mornings, which leads me to...

5. Saturday
My favorite day of the week! The day where you can sleep in and not have to worry about getting up for work, have a leisurely cup of tea while watching the Food Network or HGTV....pure bliss. Of course, when the kids start coming, it will be a different story, but for now I relish my Saturdays.

6. Salsa
MMM, I love salsa. It goes with just about everything. One of my favorite ways to eat it is on a wheat tortilla, with cream cheese and turkey. Wrap it up and you have a tasty yet filling snack or make two and you have a light meal!

7. Smallville
I love this show. I can't believe that we hadn't watched it before this summer. Admittedly, the first season started out a bit slow, but then it picked up and has been a wild ride ever since. Currently DH and I are waiting for the fifth season discs to become available on Blockbuster Online.

8. Sharp cheddar cheese
My most favorite of all the cheeses. My particular favorite is Cabot's Extra Sharp. My sister and I call this "The Best Cheese in the World!"

9. Science Fiction
I used to scoff at this genre, thinking that it was all cheesy space monsters and tinfoil robots. Until I started reading Robert Heinlein, and I was hooked. The obsession has bubbled over to television, too, and I'm now a fan of Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1, and, as much as I hate to admit it, Dr. Who.

10. Stars
No, not the ones we read about in the gossip magazines-I'm talking about the celestial bodies themselves. I love looking up at the stars, especially when I'm in a place with little light pollution. You can see just about every star up in the sky, and it truly is a beautiful sight.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->