about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
12.19.2006,12/19/2006 08:02:00 PM
Casserole Time!!
Liz and Bearette requested the recipe for the broccoli-rice casserole a while back, and I am now posting it because I have a picture to go along with the recipe!

Courtesy of Kraft, but I've made it for so long that I just throw stuff in a pan! (Click on the photo to enlarge)


Broccoli Rice Casserole

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
* 2 cups cooked MINUTE White Rice
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, well drained
* 1 cup CHEEZ WHIZ Cheese Dip (I use the whole jar--more cheese the better!)
* 1/2 cup fresh bread cubes

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook and stir onion in 1 Tbsp. of the butter in large skillet on medium heat until tender.
2. Add rice, soup, broccoli and CHEEZ WHIZ; mix lightly. Spoon into 1-1/2-quart casserole. Toss together remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, melted, and bread cubes; sprinkle over casserole.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

The recipe calls for baking the casserole along with bread crumbs, but since it's going to be sitting in a fridge all morning until the luncheon tomorrow with no oven to reheat it, I'm leaving it as is and will reheat in the microwave at lunchtime. It still tastes good, though!!

If you make it let me know how you like it!!! My sister-in-law specifically requested I make it again this year for Christmas!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->