about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
12.04.2006,12/04/2006 09:51:00 AM
Christmas Meme
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
We always had them on the fireplace underneath the stockings.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We don't decorate the outside yet, just put a wreath. At the after-Christmas sales last year we got one of those pre-lit trees with the multi-colored lights on them. Unfortunately, with all the crap we're doing during the holidays, I don't think we're gonna decorate. :(

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No--I get to kiss someone whenever I want!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the last week in November/first week in December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Broccoli/cheese/rice casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Christmas Eve with the whole family.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was with my Girl Scout troop and we were shopping at the Galleria. I was on the escalator when one of the girls behind me started talking about how Santa wasn't real. I was about 8 at the time, and was so upset. (I was a bit sheltered...)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open all our gifts Christmas Eve, then have "Santa" or stockings on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
In the past, we'd have white lights with red & gold balls, along with special ornaments that I've collected over the years. I think I'm going to start collecting those Hallmark ones--well, buy one or two each year, that is. :)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it when I get to stay home. Hate it when I have to come into work!

12. Can you ice skate?
Oh hell no. It's all I can do to stay upright without being on a razor-sharp 1mm blade....

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The complete set of "Little House" books.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my husband and our family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I like the cookies.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Before I moved to Big D, every New Year's Day my Dad would get out his super-70's gold fondue pots and we'd have a meat & cheese fondue. We've been doing it since I was 5 years old and it's one of the things I miss most about living in Houston!

17. What tops your tree?
A star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or Receiving?
Giving, definitely!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"What Child is This?"

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I looooove candy canes, especially when they're dunked in hot chocolate!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->