about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
2.23.2007,2/23/2007 09:35:00 PM
BOOKS!!!!
From Poppy, who got it from Avi, etc, etc....

Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror?

I like all three, but I'd have to say Sci-Fi, closely followed by Fantasy, then Horror. Used to really enjoy horror, but not as much these days.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?
I really don't care. I just wanna read, man! (I share Poppy's sentiment)

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
Amazon. Or eBay...

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
B&N, followed by my local library.

Hitchhiker or Discworld?
Never read them. What's Discworld, btw?

Bookmark or Dogear?
Bookmark. Usually it's an abandoned Starbucks receipt.

Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction?
I like both...but prefer Asimov.

Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or random?
Sorted by genre, then author.

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?
Keep the ones I really really love and are collectible, sell the rest.

Keep dust-jacket or toss it?
Keep!

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
I take it off while I read the book then I put it back on when I shelf it. (ME TOO, Poppy!)

Short story or novel?
I prefer novels....

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Harry. I got through about 2 chapters of Lemony Snicket and wanted to poke my eyes out.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Stop reading when I fall asleep. (Again, another answer of Poppy's I'm keeping)

"It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time?"
I like both, but prefer the dark & stormy.

Buy or Borrow?
I borrow mostly, but will buy if they're out of print.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
Recommendations & Browse. Some people say I can choose a good book like some people choose good wine.

Lewis or Tolkien?
I'm ashamed to say I've read neither....they are in my bookcase, though.

Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Collections.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
Cliffhangers are fine as long as the last book in the series is published already (which means I wait until the series concludes to start reading the books) and ends tidily. :) (Yes, I agree)

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?
Anytime reading is good!

Standalone or Series?
Series for most things.

New or used?
I like 'em all--I don't discriminate!

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Oh gosh. Um, well, I really enjoyed this series that started with the book Sorcery & Cecelia, or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot, by Patricia Wrede and Caroline Stevermer. What's really interesting about it is that the story is told in a series of letters that the two women write to one another. I'm currently reading the third one....

Top 5 favorite genre books of all time?
There's no way I can answer this question. Impossible!

Favorite genre series?
Oh geez. I think my all time favorite series is the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Currently Reading?
Cassie, by Vivian Schurfranz. This is part of a collection of really cheesy historical YA romances that were written in the 80's. They're not always easy to find, and for my birthday I purchased off eBay a lot of 20 of them--I was so excited! I read my favorite one already (Nicole, by Candice Ransom,) and this was one of my other favorites.
The Mislaid Magician, or Ten Years After,
by Patricia Wrede and Caroline Stevermer
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->