about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
4.27.2007,4/27/2007 11:57:00 AM
The End of a Crappy Week
I was trying to put a video of BlackJack and Kino duking it out over the new cat tree, but for some reason Google Video is being uncooperative. Oh well.

So, you know how they caught the bitch who rear-ended me? Well.....looking back on it all, I wish I'd had her arrested. Her insurance company called me yesterday saying that they're accepting full responsibility for the accident, asked if I was injured, yadda yadda yadda. I asked the lady, "Are you aware that this was a hit and run accident?" to which she replied, "What do you mean?" I said, "I mean that the girl who rear-ended me fled the scene of the accident!"

Apparently, they were not aware that this little whore rear-ended me and took off.

I gave another statement, and they said that since I was injured, another claims adjuster would be assigned to my case. This lady called me later that day and said that the little bitch was very uncooperative when she asked her for a statement, Little Bitch saying that she'd given her statement when she called in the accident. When pressed as to why she fled the scene, Little Bitch said, "Well, she didn't appear to be stopping, so I drove off."

Um. So I guess signalling, pulling into the left turn lane and turning my hazards on doesn't count as "appearing to stop."

When they asked if the police had given her a citation or anything for leaving the scene, she said, "That's all been taken care of."

As soon as I got off the phone with the adjuster, I called the investigator on my case back. Dammit if he hadn't left for his two-week vacation! I left him a voice mail, which I hope he checks soon, asking if I could change my mind and have Little Bitch smacked with an arrest warrant. We'll see what happens.

So here I am, with pain shooting from my neck all the way down my right side to my leg, and down my right arm. My right wrist is jacked up as well, making it difficult to type, steer my car, use my hair dryer, etc. My doctor has furnished me with painkillers and orders to visit physical therapy. Fun!

The thing is, if she'd shown a shred of remorse for what she'd done, I probably would have been okay with it. I don't even think she's sorry for what she's done, though!

Has anything like this happened to you? How was your situation handled by the insurance company, police, etc, and did you want to pull the person who did this to you's eyelashes out one by one, followed by their eyebrows? With a blunt set of tweezers, so you have to pull extra hard?
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->