about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
4.25.2007,4/25/2007 12:29:00 PM
Vindication!!!
I got a phone call from the investigator on my case today. Due to my quick thinking and getting the license plate number, they located the driver of the vehicle.

It was a 20-year-old girl.

The investigator asked me if I wanted to pursue criminal charges, and I asked him what my options were. Basically, they could arrest her and charge her with a Class B misdemeanor, or issue her a ticket for fleeing the scene.

Like I said earlier, no matter how hard I want to, I can't be a bitch. I chose to have her issued with a ticket for fleeing the scene, because, even though getting arrested would REALLY teach her a lesson, I wasn't seriously injured (that I know of--my entire right side is giving me problems,) however, I believe she needs to know that there are consequences to her actions. Hence the ticket.

After next Monday I'll be able to pick up the amended police report with the insurance information, and I intend to have her or her Daddy pay for my medical bills and damage to my car, as they should.

I'll keep everyone updated, but my hat's off to the Police Department here for acting on all of this so quickly.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->