about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.23.2007,5/23/2007 09:09:00 PM
Letting it all Hang Out, or TMI post #7423
This evening, my friends, I am blogging to you from the kitchen table, in my nighttime attire. Which, truthfully, is not much. More on that later...

I just took a Vicodin and a muscle relaxer because not a whole lot has changed since my wonderful little car accident--the good news is that the pain is no longer shooting down my arm and out of my fingertips, but a dull achy pain has camped out in the joint area where the leg bone meets the hip bone. Lovely. Physical therapy has been helping somewhat, but the advent of this leg problem has had my physical therapist bending my leg into positions my husband should only be attempting. Hey, honey.......

So, before my glorious pills kick in and start working their magic, I thought I'd pose a question to all of you, but mainly focused towards the lovely ladies:

"Do you share everything with your partner, or do you believe a little mystery is integral to the relationship?"

The reason I'm asking this is because I heard a woman on the radio some time ago say that she'd been married to her husband for well over 10 years and he had never seen her naked.

That shocked the hell out of me, I tell you. Ten years and her husband had never seen her naked? The first question that popped into my head was, "How do they do "it"?" Yes, I'm sick like that.

In this house, the minute I walk in the door, the clothes come off. Even though most nights I end up in a tank top and undies, I have never been shy around DH when I'm in the buff.

It wasn't always this way, though. In previous relationships I wasn't nearly as comfortable with my body, but for some reason, when I got with DH, something clicked.

It could be because, the first time we shared, uh, special time, if you get my drift, he broke wind in a very BIG way.

Ha....the look on his face was priceless. And that, my friends, was when I knew I'd marry him.

Not really. But it broke the ice, so to speak. The only thing that I can't do with him in the room is go #2, because some things at least should be sacred. Everything else, however, is fair game.

Now, I realize that this may be shocking to some of you. That to parade yourself in front of your partner naked, or without makeup, or, god forbid, fart in front of him is unthinkable, but I find it rather comforting, actually. Because if you are going to be with someone for years and years and years, it would really start to hurt, holding in all that gas.

Might as well get it out in the open. You would feel better and might even get a laugh out of it.

Then again, you might not. Everyone is different, but like I said, when you're with someone for years and years, some things tend to come out.

Ahem, pardon the pun.

And now, my pills have started to kick in, so I must bid you good night.

[Yawn!]
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->