about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.07.2007,5/07/2007 09:39:00 PM
New Sheriff in Town?
Our Internet access was down all weekend again. Sonofabitch. This happens every f-ing weekend! I hate Time Warner Cable. Hey, you! Time Warner Cable! You can kiss my ass!

I have to say that having Haylie around this past week has been wonderful. She is such a sweetie--always ready to snuggle, which the boys never really want to do--yet she isn't above playing, either. All in all, I think we made a great choice in a new kitty.



I mean, just look at that face! You would think that little Miss Haylie is just the sweetest, most compliant thing, wouldn't you?

Ha! Think again!

Last night I was in our bedroom, folding laundry, when I heard a scuffle in the area outside the door. Looking up, I see Haylie and Kino, staring each other down.

Now, normally, Kino would charge whichever cat is daring to look him in the eye, and that would be the end of it. He is the alpha, after all. But wouldn't you know, Miss Haylie just kept on staring. And Kino, well, he started backing away.

I stood in the doorway, transfixed, while Haylie stared Kino down, while he kept backing away, reluctantly giving ground. She would let out these threatening little mews, as if to say, "Don't fuck with me, man, I lived on the streets!" And when he tried to turn away, she threw out her paw and slapped Kino hard on the ass.

I don't think he knew what hit him.

Yes, ladies and gents, it looks like there's a new pecking order in this house, and Kino isn't at the top of it anymore. It's really kind of funny, seeing him get beat up by a girl. I am just glad that he's getting some kind of comeuppance after beating on my poor Joey for the past 3 years.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->